Albion Rovers FC is looking for a safety officer to assist with the operation of match-days and other events at the Reigart Stadium.
If you want to forge a career in event management and safety, this is a great chance to get involved with a Scottish Professional Football League team and build your experience quickly.
All applications for the position should be sent to email@example.com to arrive no later than Friday 17th Sept.
The safety officer’s primary role is to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the safety of everyone attending events at Albion Rovers Football Club in accordance with the Safety Certificate terms and conditions, Operations Manual and the Club’s Policy Statement of Spectator Safety.
The post holder shall have no other duties on a match day, other than those involved in the execution of the role of Safety Officer.
Assume responsibilities on behalf of the Club and the Managing Directors for the provisions of the General Safety Certificate issued by North Lanarkshire Council and the Club’s Policy Statement on Spectator Safety.
• Continually review all stewarding at the Stadium and make appropriate recommendations to the General Manager (GM) for consideration.
• Represent the interests of the Club and attend all Safety Advisory Group meetings of North Lanarkshire Council, where necessary.
• Act as the Club Liaison Officer with the Emergency Services in the event of an unforeseen incident, ensuring that the GM is kept fully informed of any developments.
• Evaluate the performance of the Deputy Safety Officer, Stewards, and initiate any action that may be required.
• Co-ordinate, monitor and advise upon all safety matters affecting the Stadium.
• Monitor stewarding levels on a match day to ensure effective and equitable distribution of staff commensurate with the General Safety Certificate.
• Liaise with the appropriate Board Member on any new legislation and safety related advice affecting the Club and arrange for implementation.
• Be aware of the requirements of all Sports Grounds legislation, the Green Guide and other advisory documents, the Safety Certificate, the licence issued by the Sports Ground Safety Authority and ensure compliance.
• Assume control on behalf of the Club on match days at the Stadium for spectator safety and security, acting in full co-operation with Strathclyde Police.
• Assume responsibility with the General Manager on behalf of the Club for the joint Statement of Intent agreed with North Lanarkshire Council.
• Ensure all conditions of the General Safety Certificate are fully complied with. In the event of any non-compliance for any reason the Safety Officer will inform the appropriate Board Member and North Lanarkshire Council as soon as possible.
The post holder should be an experienced person having had considerable knowledge in both the safety and security fields and controlling crowds in football stadia.
They will be expected to attend seminars/conferences run by the Scottish FA/SPFL and Football Safety Officers Association so as to maintain a level of the experience required for such a position.
The post holder should hold a Level Four NVQ qualification in Spectator Safety, or be working towards such a qualification.
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter with an outline of why it should be you to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 September.
For further info feel free to message our social media pages or email the address above.